Tracking IH Symptom Severity: IHSS
The Idiopathic Hypersomnia Severity Scale (IHSS) was specifically designed to evaluate Idiopathic Hypersomnia (IH) symptoms
The is a brief, validated, 14-question, patient-reported assessment covering IH symptoms, including1:
Prolonged and unrefreshing daytime and nighttime sleep
Impaired daytime alertness
- All 14 questions are on a scale of 0 to 3 or 0 to 4, totaling up to 50 points1
- The higher the score, the more severe/frequent the symptoms1
- For the score, the minimal clinically important difference (MCID) is 4 points2
You can start using this tool to help assess the severity of IH symptoms
in your patients today.
Wonder what may be causing IH?
- Dauvilliers Y, Evangelista E, Barateau L, et al. Measurement of symptoms in idiopathic hypersomnia: the Idiopathic Hypersomnia Severity Scale. Neurology.
- Rassu AL et al. Idiopathic hypersomnia severity scale to better quantify symptoms severity and their consequences in idiopathic hypersomnia. J Clin Sleep Med.